Panasonic TS-UP fake?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought some Panasonic TS-UP electrolytic caps recently on eBay from a supposed trustable seller.
However, I have some doubt.
Original from a Digikey image on the left, mine on the right
Printing is quite different, not just in quality.
What do you think?

Attachments

• TSUP confronto.jpg
    TSUP confronto.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 505
Panasonic acknowledge receipt of a suspected fake report I sent several months ago, but never answered back. Vendor is still selling various Panasonic products with different colors than standard. For those referred to in this listing, wouldn't it be possible to strip that paint off and see if there are other markings underneath?

This was a thread on a suspected counterfeit due to an off color:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/148516-panasonic-fc-dirt-cheap-2.html

This vendor has alot of different colored panasonic caps. I did send a message to Panasonic about my purchase and got an acknowledgement and several people within Panasonic were copied on the response to me. I did not keep it, guess I should have. Either they felt the vendor was selling legit product or they failed to take action, because the vendor continues to sell a variety of Panasonic products.

I'm not going to say that the FC 2200uF I got were fakes, they looked to be fine quality, bung was right, just the color was bit off black, rather than the usual blue FC.

The subject of this thread could be fakes or possibly "B" stock due to the poor print quality.

Hey there....

Do yourself a favor and buy them from Digikey. That way, you're sure that you're getting genuine Panasonic parts.

If you cannot buy from Digikey in your country- then set-up a group buy with somebody here in the U.S.

Trust me, I've bought more than my share of discounted crap on eBay- and have gotten burned. It's not worth the effort!!

Here is a photo from digikey, looks a great deal like the suspected fakes, don't they?

Quite the same, very interesting.

I was finally in contact with Panasonic tech personnel. He told me that the caps could be original and from their Chinese or Malaysian plants. He has very similar caps in his office. Unfortunately he didn't follow my offering to send a sample to him in order to test it.
He told me that the only authorized sellers from catalog are RS, Digikey and Farnell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.