TedSS ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2009, 09:36 PM   #1
SolderN is offline SolderN  United States
diyAudio Member

Default TedSS ?

I need to replace some PS caps in an old amp I have they have a good selection of caps but after talking to there support team I am not sure if I want to order from them.
I did a search and it seems people around here know of them or have ordered from them.
Has anyone had any experience with them? How was it?
Old 29th October 2009, 03:17 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

What kind of caps are you looking for, and for what applpication? I don;t know that company myself, but they appear to be a surplus seller. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but watch out for the age of electrolytics from any surplus outlet.

And don't overlook the large suppliers like Mouser, Allied, Digikey...
Old 29th October 2009, 03:35 AM   #3
SolderN is offline SolderN  United States
diyAudio Member

Well I am looking for some 9400 50v caps that are about 2'' by 4''. I checked Digikey where I buy most of my parts and they did not have anything that will work.
Some of the posts on this forum said that some of there stock was pretty old. But on other threads they were sited as a good source of parts. They do stock a lot of computer caps there prices are good. But I am not sure if they are just selling off junk that should have been dumped ages ago.
I guess I will try some of the other big suppliers.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

9400uf is an odd value. 10,000uf is not. I would be looking for 10,000uf caps, and if 50v is not paying off for you, go to 63v. Certainly the value can;t be that critical.

Caps these days are a LOT smaller than they were 20 years ago, so some can that was 2x4" could well be 1x2" today.

A quick look at Digikey found me at least 14 entries for 10000uf 50v caps. They came in radial, snap-in, and screw terminal versions. several lead spacings. There were also seven entries for 10000uf 63v, all were snap-in.

Hide this!Advertise here!