sujested reading

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, im new here and didn't see an FAQ,

im looking to study electronics either this coming fall or the next, and was wondering what would be a good book for a real begginer, i recently had to fix and soilder some things around my place and got bit with this bug, was jsut wondering if there is an "electronics for dummies" book or somin

im in canada and short on funds so. . . a library is gonna be the next place i head but was just wondering,

online reading would be best if possible

thanks

may I ask.

Are you looking for speakers, tubes, SS or what?

The Art of Electronics is a great book but "tube" or "valve" does not appear in its index. If you are a hobbyist and want something simple in that area you might be disappointed.

Yes, I know it is a great book. I once gave this advise to a beginner online and I was told by a EE to take up sewing so please no lectures. (yes I have a copy)

Get a copy of Art of Electronics for $15 here: http://www.oscarindia.com/cgi-bin/store/merchant.cgi

I have a load of fairly organized online tube electronic resources
in Word format with live links etc but really you cannot replace books at this point. Drop me a line if you would like a copy

Cheers
Craig Ryder

i suppose i should of specified what i was looking for.

right now im more or less jsut looking for simple cheap hobbyist type projects to kinda get some pratice. how ever i would like to know some theory stuff as well, sooner or later i wold like to know how to sit down and figure out how to build something simple on my own with out having to follow some one elses diagrams, i know im not gonna jsut read an article and say to my self ok lets build a nuclear reactor, or even an amp, or something simpler than that.

the big thing for me is i know what a cap does and what a resistor does, but really its like saying you know the engine in your car give you the power to move and your transmission changes gears and all, but how does it all come to gether to make the wheels turn. electronics are a bit like pandoras bow to me right now. and would really jsut like some reading material so when i get the moola to go to an electronics class im not the only idiot saying "oooh look at the pretty lights!"

i have alot of down time at work and was more or less looking for something to learn.

and besides it look like you guys have so much fun putting this stuff together, and some of it look AWESOME, actually all of it looks awesome,

so yeah what ever you can suggest for a newb in any area i will take,

ps gonna head to the library after work to go find that book, i check the library, its down town,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.