Free samples

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
where can i get free samples of voltage regulators? + and -5v and + and - 12v.

also the MJE34 or similar PNP switching transistor?

and the 2N2955, TIP2955 or similar transistor?

and electrolytic capacitors?

and non-polarised capacitors?

i dont like to pay if i can help it. i am a student and i dont have any income. :bawling:

they must deliver to england.

thanks a lot in advance.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I would prefer some Passlabs products free samples over her!

Really Till ? What about both ? Preferably one shuts up when the other is playing...

Matttcattt said:
where can i get free samples of voltage regulators? + and -5v and + and - 12v.

also the MJE34 or similar PNP switching transistor?

and the 2N2955, TIP2955 or similar transistor?

and electrolytic capacitors?

and non-polarised capacitors?

i dont like to pay if i can help it. i am a student and i dont have any income. :bawling:

they must deliver to england.

thanks a lot in advance.

Matttcattt, consider offering yourself as a free engineer sample and possibilities will arise :clown:

Really Till ? What about both ? Preferably one shuts up when the other is playing...

You must be dreaming - those kind of creature does never shut up. You know, they cry around and make various background noise so you have too increase volume until you don´t understand this "MUST this be so loud??" anymore.

(edit: this counts specially for blondes...)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Matttcattt said:
i was being serious, are there any companies that offer free samples of any of the things listed?

Matttcattt, samples are mostly given when a relative new type of semiconductor must be promoted. TIP2955/TIP3055 are very old ( and not recommended anymore for audio ) so you can't expect that companies will have them in their sample program. Besides they're so ridiculous cheap that asking samples of them would give me red cheeks.

Never had samples of caps, neither normal ones nor electrolytics. I wanted to import caps from a certain brand to the Netherlands and even in that case I wasn't given any samples.

Voltage regulators are given away in sample programs but this counts only for newer LDO types. You don't expect them to sample 78xx/79xx do you ? If you want the newer types you must be prepared that they're SMD most of the time. Prices of regulators are very low too.

When I was at school I used to work besides my study to pay for my schoolbooks and hobbies.

Try www.onsemi.com - I know they have the regulators on their sample program, I've been looking for them myself, and you should have some luck with the other semiconductors...

Never seen free capacitor samples though, you might have to fork out for those, but you can make it up by getting yourself better transistors than the 2955's - you should find quite a few at their website.

Bricolo said:

Maybe because those times, there was no internet and no free samples program ;)

Some of you youngsters may not believe me, but the world
before the internet wasn't very different from what it is today. ;)

There was no problem (for companies, at least) to get samples
in those days either. The only difference was that you had to
phone the local representatives in your country instead of
ordering directly from manufacturer via internet.

Christer said:

Some of you youngsters may not believe me, but the world
before the internet wasn't very different from what it is today. ;)

There was no problem (for companies, at least) to get samples
in those days either. The only difference was that you had to
phone the local representatives in your country instead of
ordering directly from manufacturer via internet.
"for companies, at least"

sure!

now it's easier for everyone :D

Free Samples

Stu is right. ONseni is perhaps the best for this. Try getting the MJL1302A/MJL3281A NPN/PNP output pair. They're about the best available on the market (wide bandwidth [30MHz], Vce =200V), and still FREE for the asking. But don't be greedy. Ask for only about 10 each or fewer. They'll start to get suspicious. For output drivers, try the MJE15032/MJE15033s. Similar Vce's and something like a 50MHz bandwidth.

Also, National Semiconductor (www.national.com) has a very liberal samples policy. Great place for their SimpleSwitcher series of regulators. Best of luck!

N8XO

till said:

You must be dreaming - those kind of creature does never shut up. You know, they cry around and make various background noise so you have too increase volume until you don´t understand this "MUST this be so loud??" anymore.

(edit: this counts specially for blondes...)

Give her a lollipop to put in her mouth, she'll shut up. I like it when they have to look up at me.

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.