Help identifying ancient TO-3 transistors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st September 2009, 04:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help identifying ancient TO-3 transistors

I have a set of old TO-3 transistors pulled from an old HarmanKardon unit. They are labeled SDT-9261 and - what I assume is the date code of 6741. Best I can tell from my measurements, these appear to be NPN with gain ranging from 7 - 17. The HK unit was a low power receiver/turntable combo unit. The manufacturer marking is a capital "S" in a vertical rectangle (STMicroelectronics maybe??) There are also 2 other TO-3's that are fairly pitted on the outside and are hard to read, but I think they are labeled 86 5043 2, then below that VFS2745K. No manufacturer marking is apparent. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 21st September 2009, 06:45 PM   #2
Bone is offline Bone  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

The S in a box belongs to Solitron Devices, and the SDT start to the part no confirms that. A quick look at the Solitron web site http://www.solitrondevices.com/Semic...;20Devices.htm unfortunately does not have 9261 listed.

Their search page states "If you are searching for individual part number and it is not found by the search engine, please contact the factory as Solitron Devices makes many custom parts for its customers." So I suggest you do that.

Tony.
Old 22nd September 2009, 01:54 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Tony - Thanks. I did email Solitron and they did tell me it was their part. But they also said it had been out of production for more than 20 years and they have no data on it.
Old 22nd September 2009, 07:43 PM   #4
mjf is offline mjf  Austria
diyAudio Member

hello.
some of that old solitron to3 transistors are comparable with the 2n3055.
greetings.........

Hide this!Advertise here!