diyAudio (
-   Parts (
-   -   Help identifying Package Type of Fuse for cabinet (

leethree 15th September 2009 10:38 PM

Help identifying Package Type of Fuse for cabinet
1 Attachment(s)
This is one of two fuses from a Gallien-Krueger 410 RBH Bass Speaker Cabinet (8ohms), and its obviously blown. I have gone to local electronics stores and guitar stores and nobody has been able to identify this fuse. Can anyone help me? It's a 12V15W.

Iain McNeill 16th September 2009 02:28 AM

That looks like the old bayonet lamp used for interior lamps in classic British cars. Try your local auto parts store.

12V15W is spot on for an interior lamp.

BTW, get 2 or maybe 3 because more likely than not, when you replace the "fuse" and turn it back on you'll blow another indicating that there's a more deep rooted cause.

I've worked a few G-K amps and they gave me grief - partly because it's so hard to get schematics.

Enzo 16th September 2009 03:29 AM

In the past three days, I have emailed G-K for schematics for three products. They have immediately responded with them.

And I agree with Iain, that is not a fuse, it is a light bulb. 12 volt 15 watt bulb. Bulbs are common in crossovers, used as current limiters.

IN speakers, the bulbs usually blow from too much signal through the device they protect, or they fail mechanically from vibration.

leethree 16th September 2009 11:28 PM

Thanks for the response. It's just an unpowered cabinet, not an amp, but I will definitely get extra as it sounds I may have more problems than I thought. Thanks for advice about the crossovers, it's making a little more sense to me now. I'll email GK for schematics also.

Cal Weldon 16th September 2009 11:37 PM

I was about to reply with "that's not a fuse that's a lamp for your car interior" but I see the esteemed gentlemen got there ahead of me. Darn, I thought I might actually be able to answer someone's question.

Iain McNeill 17th September 2009 03:30 AM

Thanks for the update Enzo,
I'll admit my experience with GK is from the last millenium :)
Good to hear they're supporting their customers now.

Black Gate 19th September 2009 03:57 PM

Yes, it's definitely a festoon type light globe readily available at auto accessory stores. I've seen similar lamps in Bose sub-woofer boxes as well.

Iain McNeill 19th September 2009 04:22 PM

that's the word, not bayonet. Not that you use either of them in everyday conversation much :)

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio