Help identifying Package Type of Fuse for cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is one of two fuses from a Gallien-Krueger 410 RBH Bass Speaker Cabinet (8ohms), and its obviously blown. I have gone to local electronics stores and guitar stores and nobody has been able to identify this fuse. Can anyone help me? It's a 12V15W.

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 82
That looks like the old bayonet lamp used for interior lamps in classic British cars. Try your local auto parts store.

12V15W is spot on for an interior lamp.

BTW, get 2 or maybe 3 because more likely than not, when you replace the "fuse" and turn it back on you'll blow another indicating that there's a more deep rooted cause.

I've worked a few G-K amps and they gave me grief - partly because it's so hard to get schematics.

In the past three days, I have emailed G-K for schematics for three products. They have immediately responded with them.

And I agree with Iain, that is not a fuse, it is a light bulb. 12 volt 15 watt bulb. Bulbs are common in crossovers, used as current limiters.

IN speakers, the bulbs usually blow from too much signal through the device they protect, or they fail mechanically from vibration.

Thanks for the response. It's just an unpowered cabinet, not an amp, but I will definitely get extra as it sounds I may have more problems than I thought. Thanks for advice about the crossovers, it's making a little more sense to me now. I'll email GK for schematics also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.