What's the scoop with electret condenser specs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When it comes to electret condeser mics, I notice that the prebuilts all seem to have great dynamic range, low self noise, excellent frequency range, etc.

But when I find the capsules separately, the specs all seem to be very mediocre in comparison. Even the Panasonic electret capsules don't seem so hot in comparison.

So what's the deal with this, are the pre-builts using better capsules than i'm finding?

Or is this a numbers game like "peak" wattage on an amp...

When it comes to electret condeser mics, I notice that the prebuilts all seem to have great dynamic range, low self noise, excellent frequency range, etc.

But when I find the capsules separately, the specs all seem to be very mediocre in comparison. Even the Panasonic electret capsules don't seem so hot in comparison.

So what's the deal with this, are the pre-builts using better capsules than i'm finding?

Or is this a numbers game like "peak" wattage on an amp...

Sir,
To compare one MIC is good or bad. Do not just see the brand.
I know your mean 'hot' is the sound not very big yes?
You know if you want to have a more bigger voice of the MIC you have to choose the MIC with higher sensitivity.

So the ECM just have more sutiabler ,do not have best.
if the sensitivity of the MIC just about -44dB or -46dB the voice is much lower than -34 and -36dB.

But if you choose the sensitivity much more that your need ,the MIC would have 'NOISE'.

As details please check our website www.lxmic.com

B.Regards
Gary

Sir,
To compare one MIC is good or bad. Do not just see the brand.
I know your mean 'hot' is the sound not very big yes?
You know if you want to have a more bigger voice of the MIC you have to choose the MIC with higher sensitivity.

So the ECM just have more sutiabler ,do not have best.
if the sensitivity of the MIC just about -44dB or -46dB the voice is much lower than -34 and -36dB.

But if you choose the sensitivity much more that your need ,the MIC would have 'NOISE'.

As details please check our website www.lxmic.com

B.Regards
Gary

Gary, I went through some of the specs of those capsules last night.
And a lot of the omni mic specs for impedance just say "low impedance".

That's not enough information for something as critical as impedance.

Gary, I went through some of the specs of those capsules last night.
And a lot of the omni mic specs for impedance just say "low impedance".

That's not enough information for something as critical as impedance.

The impedance is about 1.5Kohm to 2.2Kohm Which use the K596 FET.
But the MIC which diamter is 6mm ,4mm,4.5mm and height is 2.7mm, 2.2,1.5mm the impendance is about 1Kohm. The FET is 2sk1109 ,TF202,or RJN1164.

Different FET has different impedance.

And 'Steerpike' said the MIC all have noise maybe because of the directional type you used omni-Directional and the sensitivity is more high. You can look through the web link of ours www.lxmic.com Maybe the broadcasting MIC can meet your need .

B.Regards
Gary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.