Subwoofer Plate Amplifier Base Plate supplier?

So I was thinking of putting together a DIY class D amplifier for a subwoofer with a few features that I imagine aren't typically found in your average amp. Probably something in the 1 to 2 kW range.

My primary interest is in the electronics/processing capabilities of the unit and not the plate portion. I was wondering if anyone knew of a supplier for buying just a standard base plate or would I be better off just buying the $99 dollar plate amp from PE and scrapping their amp section?

If nobody sells these standard chassis, does anyone know of a company that would do prototyping for such a chassis at a reasonable price in the 10 to 20 unit volume?

Thanks for any advice,

Jason

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Jason

Before you actually buy some custom plates you should make up a prototype unit, as you need to define the number of pots, switches, heatsinks, etc. and their placement in your design. Using a pre configured plate may lead you to making compromises in layout.

I suspect that the Class D amp may also need to be completely encased in a grounded shield to avoid RF problems.

But, it sounds like a fun project, I hope you keep us up to date with your progress. Good luck!

Apexjr plate amplifier

Hello
greetings anybody know the vaue of pot V3 in schematic as all 3
pots need replacement .Value of pot HT written on it.
warm regards
Andrew

Attachments

• sr3.jpg
    sr3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 73
  • SeniorMod3.jpg
    SeniorMod3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 76
May I suggest you might get a better response starting a new thread for your amp rather than tacking onto the end of a thread that is dead for EIGHTEEN years.

ANyway, the resistance is stamped on the pot wafers on the center pot as that top wafer has legs down to the circuit board. As I look at the HT one, I see no legs for the circuit board. Since you plan to replace the pot, perhaps remove it from the board to see is a value is printed on the other side. I cannot see from here, but I assume the lower wafer has some legs to the board?

What is wrong with it that it needs replacement? Does that preclude measuring the part?

I can't quite read it but on your schematic it appears to me like it says 1000k, which is 1 meg. And A for audio taper.