United Chemi-Con Closing Surplus Outlet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
{reposted, as the original post was lost in the server change and I want to see everyone who can grab a cap or two. ;)}

https://www.ucccaps.com/default.aspx

August 31 is the last day to order from the United Chemi-Con factory surplus outlet, according to the website. Really sucks, as I was occasionally able to snag big $70 power supply caps for about 1/4 the normal price. Was a good source for oddball sized caps for some Sansui and Accuphase amps where other places had nothing that would fit.

The search engine is crude, and allows for zero errors when parsing. I'm nearly always looking for 2" and larger caps, so the allowable cap diameters for 2" and bigger are:
50.0mm
51.0mm
63.5mm
76.0mm

Voltages I'm usually looking for are (three digits followed by 'vdc'!):
050vdc
075vdc
080vdc
100vdc

Thus a search for a 63.5mm 75V cap would be '075vdc 63.5mm'. If you needed a 2" cap, don't forget to try both 50.0mm and 51.0mm.

Check the radio button to search for 'All Words' to limit the search to caps that fit both the diameter and voltage criteria, and below that, where it says 'By Category', select 'Large Can', which will return pretty much only screw terminal caps. Leave the 'By Family' set to 'All Families' and let the program take off. Browse through the results and find something with a capacitance and a length that will work. If it says 'In Stock', click on it to see if there's enough there to get your job done.

It's a royal PITA, but once you get used to it you can get some really good caps for cheap. Problem is, the whole thing goes away in a few days. :sigh:

Grab 'em while you can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.