My new DIY interconnects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After much scouring of the web I finally went and made some proper interconnects for my SimpleSE and Aikido preamp.

I went basically off this build...http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61442

Except that I found a local supplier that had Belden 8412 cable and Switchcraft Male phono plugs...

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

Basically $56 for 20' cable, and 10 RCA jacks...this will be enough for me to make 4 individual L/R cables and a spare pair of RCA plugs with enough cable left over to maybe re-do my turntable...

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I just bought some surplus audio stuff from a local woman who's audiophile husband died. As I was leaving with my purchase, she gave me three boxes of XLR and RCA cables. Most said BELDEN. I threw most away thinking they were nothing special....

Something tells me I made a mistake...

Also in the box was a few Mark Levinson CAMAC Cables, and ton of "Speed Cable" from Esoteric Audio...anybody ever hear of this speaker cable?

I have quite a bit of Belden cables left over..I will have to see if what I have is 8412 Belden cable.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.