Demise of Ampohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sad to say that I found out this morning that Ampohm Wound Products no longer exists.

There had been rumours that Ampohm were facing financial troubles, however, my contacts had previously intimated that it was expected that the audio side of the business was to be relaunched, and the loss-making auto & industrial side abandoned.

In any case, Ampohm have now gone into voluntary liquidation.

Furthermore, all stock, materials and machinery have passed into the hands of auctioneers, and it would seem that the machinery at least has already been purchased by another UK manufacturer.

AudioCap Ltd will be seeking to identify the purchaser with the hope of persuading them to develop a similar range of audio products, but the chances are probably slim. There is still stock out there with various distributors, but obviously this will not be replinished.

A sad day when yet another valuable UK manufacturer of high quality audio components is lost for good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.