Panasonic FC Dirt Cheap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello.
these are normal (not bipolar/non polarised) elco's with plus and minus poles.
i have bought some here in A.
greetings............

Attachments

• fc105.jpg
    fc105.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 492
Just wanted to report that I received my caps from lovelyleila2008 ebay vendor and they appear fine. Took 2 weeks. I've tested for esr, consistent .02 ohm, the weight is about right, so is the cap and bung. The color is a bit off, the FCs are typically a dark blue, these are black like some FMs I have. Included was the 50 count bag that Panasonic ships these in. My only issue is that they were packed in an envelope and are a little bit scuffed from rubbing other caps, but not too bad. A real bargain if you want FCs.

Just wanted to report that I received my caps from lovelyleila2008 ebay vendor and they appear fine. Took 2 weeks. I've tested for esr, consistent .02 ohm, the weight is about right, so is the cap and bung. [...]

If you want to know what value your caps are, slap a 1K resistor in parallel with them, charge them up to 10 volts, then remove the voltage and measure how long it takes the capacitor charge to drop to 3.7 volts. Multiply that by 1000 and there are your microfarads.

If that's too fast, use a 10K resistor and multiply the time by 100. Math available on request.

According to this panasonic link, different colors are a sign of possible counterfeit product. I'll see if I can get in touch with that panasonic group and see if they are interested in a sample. These look quite good, though, maybe even better than original! Tubeshunter on eBay also appears to have the exact same product, black 2200uF/50v with 32YV code on them.

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/utilities/alerts-content.htm

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.