microwave radio transmitters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, my work maybe throwing out some 15 year old alcatel microwave radio transmitters. Someone has already claimed all the copper wave guides (poop!) there are some reasonable size heatsinks that I was going to grab and I know they run at 48v DC so they do have a 240v AC to 48v DC power supply in them but was wondering if there is anything else I should look for in these? I figured the parts should be good quality comming from a licenced long haul microwave transmitter's that were carried STM1's but not really sure if there are any little gems that could be found in them for amps or crossovers etc.

I've already put my hand up for the power supply and anything with a heatsink on the front and I'll grab any interconnect cables I can lay my hands on as well.

theses are all licenced radio's. I'm not going to fire one up as is or modified. they are split between outdoor units that sit up the tower and indoor units that are floor to ceiling rack mount. I was just going to salvage any bits that could be used in an amp. So far I'm prolly just grabbing the boards that have big heatsinks on them and cables. Too much stuff to take the lot, I'd need a few trailers.

My work would kill me if i took the whole lot and fired up a link lol

I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking more than a few law's and there is way too much grunt in these things for me to be playing with em outside of the lab at work.

sparehead1 said:
theses are all licenced radio's. I'm not going to fire one up as is or modified. they are split between outdoor units that sit up the tower and indoor units that are floor to ceiling rack mount. I was just going to salvage any bits that could be used in an amp. So far I'm prolly just grabbing the boards that have big heatsinks on them and cables. Too much stuff to take the lot, I'd need a few trailers.

My work would kill me if i took the whole lot and fired up a link lol

I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking more than a few law's and there is way too much grunt in these things for me to be playing with em outside of the lab at work.
You could remove a stage on the final amplifier and modify it to operate on an ISM or other free band.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.