Chinese supplier and Paypal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello,

In the past I have frequently ordered from suppliers in the East.
In Hong Kong it has been usual to transfer the amount due by Paypal already for a long time.
In China (and Japan) they are somewhat familiar with Western Union and Paypal does not seem to be accepted yet. Although I have used Western Union I would prefer Paypal because of cost and convenience. Recently I encouraged a Chinese supplier to inform locally about using Paypal and it turns out to be rather complex and expensive in their banking system.

Do you have experience with a Chinese supplier of components who accepts Paypal?

Best, Arjen.

Things are changing - in the words of "Our Rach" (Rachel Hunter, Rod Stewart's ex) "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen".
3 or 4 years ago, when I put out a shout for bits on Hong Kong Inventory, the only payment options offered were Western Union and TT (Telegraphic Transfer). Small parts orders get mighty expensive when you add NZD25 (cost of buying the TT), USD20..30 (the cost of them cashing the TT), a few % bank foreign currency charge, USD25..40 (Freight, even for a tiny packet of chips).
***HOWEVER***
Those Chinese chaps must have cottoned on that this was costing them sales, so recently when I did a shout, at least 50% of the responders offered Paypal, and 20 or 30% offered regular postage instead of gold plated courier. Regrettably these were not necessarily the same ones as offered Paypal, but there were a few.
Even better, the chips I got worked (unlike a prevoius transaction where the chips supplied appeared to contain no silicon.
M

Those Chinese chaps must have cottoned on that this was costing them sales, so recently when I did a shout, at least 50% of the responders offered Paypal, and 20 or 30% offered regular postage instead of gold plated courier. Regrettably these were not necessarily the same ones as offered Paypal, but there were a few.
Even better, the chips I got worked (unlike a prevoius transaction where the chips supplied appeared to contain no silicon.
M [/B]

hi. great to read about your experiences with them. I remember you were looking for pcm78 ? ;)
So once someone offers paypal there it can be considered legit? Also , how about the dodgy emails, when a company owns no website but free email adress ??

I can use the Paypal

Hi Arjen,

How are you my friend ? I am Gary He who from China. And I had supplier some components to you in last year . Hope you can remember me.

I can use Paypal If you want to purchase some components from China.
Hope all of my firends tell me what you need then I will give you quotations.

Gary

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Gary,

In fact you were the first to respond from China mainland who accepted Paypal.
As already reported elsewhere your package arrived in good order and I am a satisfier customer. After my current projects are finished I will be back.

Arjen
(no affiliation other than occasional customer).

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For some very specific mechanical parts I have found a manufacturer in Taiwan who is so kind to offer me some samples.
However, he keeps asking for the contact details of my freight courier, while I simply want him to post the package by public mail.

My questions:
- What can be the cause for his preference for a commercial courier (routine?)
- What do I mail him to pursuade to send it by public mail?

Arjen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.