diyAudio (
-   Parts (
-   -   want to buy reverb springs (

akis 27th July 2009 06:21 AM

want to buy reverb springs
Hi, as per title, do you know where I could buy a couple of reverb strings sets? It's for a guitar amp I am building.


chris661 27th July 2009 07:25 AM

Old PA amps used this for reverb effects. Take a look at McGregor.|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1690|293%3A1|294%3A50

Has them inside (Got a similar one here).


akis 27th July 2009 07:48 AM

Are you suggesting I buy an old amp and take the springs out of it? :-)

dave_gerecke 27th July 2009 06:35 PM

Hello akis, I'm not sure about in the UK, but if you can work with installing the entire reverb box, i.e. spring in an enclosure, you can try:

They are a US supplier of components for repairing and building mostly tube related stuff.



akis 27th July 2009 07:28 PM

Yes I found these guys by doing an internet search and their prices are $22 plus additional shipping from the US. A UK company I found (
) sells them for 36 UK pounds all inclusive - that is US $59. I think it is cheaper to buy straight from the US.

Have I mentioned that most retailers and service providers in the UK, from clothes to electronics to food, slap on huge profit margins, like 200% or more? It is disgraceful.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio