Illinois Capacitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JAZZ2250 said:
I was wondering what the reputation for Illinois Capacitor is like? Is it good compared to Panassonic caps? It should depend on the models, but what I'm asking is "in general" as power supply caps.

I used to avoid them simply because of that godawful logo of theirs. :)

Never did get 'round to using any of 'em so can't help ya there I'm afraid.

se

I've designed Illinois Capacitor parts into various products over the last decade or so. I've had good luck with them. Keep in mind, they are not an OEM, but imported from SE Asia. I don't know who actually fabricates them. Since I design a lot of switched mode power supplies, I've used many parts from their "LSR" family, which features low series resistance, a desirable feature. I seem to remember using one of their film caps some time ago. They offer good performance and reliability. Most parts in their catalog can be obtained quickly, stock is extensive. Overall, a good supplier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.