cheaper parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Can anyone please suggest a cheaper source of electronic parts in the UK? I use Farnell but they can be mighty expensive, eg you can get small capacitors for 5 p each (if they have in stock) but the same ones could also cost you 50p each. 50p each for a tiny piece of a capacitor that these guys brought from Malaysia or Taiwan for 0.01p is over the top (as is everything else in England, but that's another story).

So if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks
Akis

Digikey has worldwide websites, and prices below "French average".
They currently have free shipping for orders above 65Euros.

But they ship from the USA, I think, so in Europe we probably have to pay taxes.
For France, for what I know, there's no import duties below 150Euros, but you must pay VAT (19.6% here :dead: )
So it's not worth it over here, but you may want to check if the UK "import" conditions are better.

_

Re: you can choose from China

Garyepe said:
I think you can buy it from China. You know in China have all electronic Components. And I think you can buy it with a cheaper price.

As the freight , can use the China express to yourside . it would more cheaper . but to England need about 7days.

I've had no problems direct from China, but a lot of places are implementing minimum orders now.

500 of something isn't too bad if it's resistors ;)

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.