Name this Connector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Please see attached photo of female crimp spade connector. It measures 0.130" across its blade's width, although this could be 1/8-in allowing for tolerance. These connectors are seen on '70s equipment. I'm told it's most likely a Faston connector, made by AMP amongst others. Whenever I try a search at Digikey or the like I get a bewildering choice of connectors, but none that seem to fit this bill.

If anyone can be of assistance I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Justin

Attachments

• spade connector.jpg
    spade connector.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 273
Looks like a fast-on.
They come in many sizes,
Try a search on the Digikey site with "fast-on" and also "faston".
Then you need some patience to look into the datasheets that most of the the articles have (but in the detail page).

These should be quite easy to find, since they are also used in the automotive or inside home electric appliances.
(Or if you're like me, dissect a microwave oven from the dump... but then you can't crimp it that clean, so you'll have to keep the size and color of the attached cable... :clown: )

_

Stuey said:
I think Faston is mainly a US term

Not really, it's been common lingo overhere for longer than i have public shower fungus under my feet.

Fastin and Faston were the series names that AMP used for them, like Faston-250.
A car mechanic would have just said a cableshoe (sounds even hornier in German) , crimp cable connector, or spades.
Especially in boutique areas like for instance (diy) Awdio it was much more posh to use the phrase Faston.
(even fancier to say you used genuine Faston connectors, barf)

The miniature spade connector would fall under the Mini Faston category, as in half of the 250 - 1/4"- 6.3mm range.

Duhh, i'm so stupid, i forgot the original question part.

If the spade measures 0.130" on the outside they're likely 0.110 types.
0.110" series mini spade connectors are still used a lot in cars, you're bound to find them in automobile supplies shops if you do a search.
(or Faston-110 series)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.