2SK343 & 2SJ99 Audio Mosfets, 140V, 8A

High VS
I KNOW IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO YOU POSTED BUT I AM DESPERATE TO GET HOLD OF 2 x 2SK343 & 2SJ99 Audio Mosfets, or even 1 pair.
I have Bowers active 1's and one amp has blown.i have searched for days and days.o can find the 2sk343 but the 2SJ99 ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.
Am really hoping you might be able to help
Kind regards
Guy

John Bowers active 1

Hello Guy,

It's the same for me,
I restore 7 backplates of amplifications equipped with Mosfet 2SK343 and 2SJ99

Two totally successful but as these sets are very capricious ... transistors are becoming rare. Guy,

Moi c'est pareil,
Je restaure 7 platines dorsales d'amplifications équipées des Mosfet 2SK343 et 2J99

Deux réussis totalement mais comme ces ensembles sont très capricieux... les transistors deviennent rare.

Pierre, Franco-Belge

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:
English only please. Rules.

Bonjour Guy,

Moi c'est pareil,
Je restaure 7 platines dorsales d'amplifications équipées des Mosfet 2SK343 et 2J99

Deux réussis totalement mais comme ces ensembles sont très capricieux... les transistors deviennent rare.

Pierre, Franco-Belge

Bonjour Guy,

Me it's the same,
I restore 7 back plates of amplifications equipped with Mosfet 2SK343 and 2J99

Two totally successful but as these sets are very capricious ... transistors are becoming rare.

Pierre, Franco-Belgian

hello, thank you for your answer but, could you make me a photos of your transistors on a "dated" photo which would validate the accuracy of your proposition. Unfortunately, I have already had inconveniences ... Thank you

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-12-11 à 13.15.08.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-12-11 à 13.15.08.png
    16 KB · Views: 60
John Bowers active 1

Hello Guy,

It's the same for me,
I restore 7 backplates of amplifications equipped with Mosfet 2SK343 and 2SJ99

Two totally successful but as these sets are very capricious ... transistors are becoming rare. Guy,

Moi c'est pareil,

Pierre, Franco-Belge
After literally hours that added up to several days I found a co in the states that by bulk components.
I dont give up easy
I brought the 2sj99 hitachi from them will take photo of info.
20211211_123506.jpg

After literally hours that added up to several days I found a co in the states that by bulk components.
I dont give up easy
I brought the 2sj99 hitachi from them will take photo of info. View attachment 1004231
I am not selling them.contact this co.
the work I put into finding this component took days.
The component (I brought 2) are original.

if you think someone is going to start making copies of a MOSFET that finished being manufactured by Hitachi not many years after 85' they wouldnt because they would make a loss as there would be no demand.well maybe a couple of people and it cost allot to produce.

I dont need to prove anything.

I put the info up as a favour

Thank you Huugy for your contact.
Glad to see that I'm not alone in trying to save these John Bowers speakers.
The electronics are very temperamental and unstable.
Two sets are OK! but for the others ... i'm a little discouraged because of the scarcity of mosfets.
I'm afraid to destroy the few that I have left ....

PS: I did not want to offend you and but I have already paid on shopping sites, these parts and they have never been delivered: o (

Let's stick together and help each other for these "Actives 1"
And how much did you pay for your two SJ-99 parts?

Looking forward to hearing from you, Pierre

Merci Huugy pour votre contact.
Heureux de voir que je ne suis pas le seul à essayer de sauver ces enceintes John Bowers.
L'électronique est très capricieuse et instable.
Deux ensembles sont OK! mais pour les autres... je suis un peu découragé à cause de la rareté des mosfets.
J'ai peur de détruire le peu qu'il me reste....

PS : je ne voulais pas vous offenser et mais j'ai déjà payé sur des sites marchands, ces pièces et elles n'ont jamais été livrées : o (

Restons solidaires et aidons-nous pour ces « Actifs 1 »
Et combien as-tu payé tes deux pièces SJ-99 ?

Au plaisir de vous entendre, Pierre