A huge technological breakthrough!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There has been a lot of debate on the internet, over the years about bad capacitors made in China. Bulgin capacitors on motherboards etc.
I just recieved 5 pieces of 4700uf/6,3v from Hong Kong, and i must say that the famous chinese capacitor technology really went over the top this time:D
This time it was bulgin already when i unpacked it, meaning that just thinking about using it, overloaded it;)
Can any other brands match that kind of sensivity??:clown:

Brand: Fuhjyyu

Several years ago (about 1999 I think) a Japanese company announced a new "breakthrough" in electrolyte chemistry. Not entirely revoloutionary, but enough of an increase in performance that it would be far more cost effective than current electrolytic chemistry. Somehow, that secret formula leaked to Tiawanese and mainland Chinese budget capacitor manufacturers. They tested it and it intially worked as specified, so they shifted all production to this new electrolyte. Unfortuneately, it was later found that the electrolyte quicky broke down over time, leading to catastrophic failure. The original company that developed the fomula never used it - they had found this degredation with time and realized the long term consequences, they just never published this particular bit of information. Now whether they intentionally leaked the formula (no pun intended) to discredit their competitors or whether it was a case of industrial espionage remains unknown. But those low cost Chinese caps made it into alot of electronics and still appear in old stocks.

The reason why low-quality Chinese capacitors are still being produced... lets just say that almost all power supply units of the best and worst quality are produced in China.

Are these are Chinese capacitors. See the link?

I believe in the past there was some sort of conspiracy between companies that ensures that all PSUs die right after their 3-year warranty expires via careful calculation on the capacitors' life expectancy factoring in voltage, load and temperature.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.