transistors 2sa970/2sc2240

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is very hard to say, as long as you do not tell anyhing about the application.
You could try the old BC550B/BC560B. These are not know as special audio transistors, and that may actually be the reason why they sound very good. Many special "Audio Grade" components, are not really that good.

2SA970/2SC2240 is well suited for audio, but do some listening test on the "BC5xx" devices... This really is the only way to tell how they sound in your application. This can not be written in a datasheet, even though many audio designers choose the best sounding devices only by reading datasheets :D . That's why many new audio products perfoms that bad in listening tests...

I have been watching a lot of discussions about which trannies sounds better or worse, so just to hear some oppinions, lets say for the gainstage in a line amplifier.
What about for instance 2sa1038/2sc2389 or 2sa1085/2sc2547
or maybe 2sa1016/2sc2362 in other words i want you to pour
some of your wisdom:)

pdul said:
I have been watching a lot of discussions about which trannies sounds better or worse, so just to hear some oppinions, lets say for the gainstage in a line amplifier.
What about for instance 2sa1038/2sc2389 or 2sa1085/2sc2547
or maybe 2sa1016/2sc2362 in other words i want you to pour
some of your wisdom:)

Well, what's your problem ? I have plenty of them that I could sell :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.