Dumb question about audio jacks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there. I don't know much about electronics - I just follow instructions - and I'm currently trying to carry out the Analogue Solutions modular modification for the Roland SH-09 synthesiser. This basically involves adding a bunch of CV and audio ins and outs for extra flexibility.

I've just about found my way through most of the unintelligible instructions supplied with the kit, and I've just reached the stage where I want to attach the jack sockets to the wires.

The kit came with a bunch of 3.5mm sockets where there are 2 little tabs sticking out of the back - one at the top, one at the bottom - plus an extra tab sticking out at the bottom of the front part (for ground???)

I wanted something a bit more sturdy, so I sent off for some 6.3mm mono switched chassis sockets. These are those black plastic numbers, with 4 little tabs, one on each corner of the base of the socket. What I would like to know is which tabs on the black sockets correspond with each of the tabs on the 3.5mm sockets?

Forgive me if this is a really stupid question; I don't know a lot about this stuff. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.