Linear Tech Current Source (LT3092)

Neat!

I was thinking of using it as a current source in the first and/or second stages of a triple darlington output stage (no more calculating/guestimating resistor values, just use one of these!).

Samples/stock are not available yet (according to findchips.com) - I hope they become available soon!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Resurrecting an old thread. I've been using the LT3092 for several years now and it does what is promised in the datasheet.
But for my current project, it's acting weird in LTspice. Don't know if it's the model (it's the official LT/AD model).

The idea is that since this chip produces a constant current, you can set a voltage by running that current through a resistor, selected for the needed voltage. Except that in this small demo circuit, the LT3092 constant current isn't.
The current through R5 is supposed to be constant, independent of it's resistance, within the chip's parameters of course, but isn't. Am I missing something?

Jan

Attachments

• 3092 voltage test.asc
    1.1 KB · Views: 57
Maybe this is old news, but I just saw the LT3092 and thought there might be some clever audio uses for it. Anything from super simple low power class A headphone amps, to better current sources in conventional designs. Anybody else thinking about using it?

LT3092

40V is too small for many power amps, and its fairly expensive, probably not second-sourced either.