Speaker connectors for Allied Receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,this is a tough one, but I just don't know where else to go. OK, not there!

Allied, aKa Radio Shack, Tandy, etc. used to offer receivers that were made in Japan, and I have an Allied Model 395, don't know year of Mfg. but it has those goofy plugs back where you would ordinarily find the now-standard push and poke junk. These are plastic, about an inch by 1/2 inch, have two prongs (lugs) one 90 degrees off from the other to facilitate polarity. This plugs in to the back of the receiver, and then you have two screw terminals for bare wire connections. I think early Pioneers and others had the same setup, but I cannot find these anywhere. I have but one, and need the others for a total of 4. The awful alternative is to just use small spade lugs, or change out the board on the back. Any and all help greatly appreciated. I know this is not a prime piece, only 30 solid watts/channel, but through my headphones, everything works fine. Just need to Deoxit the pots. Thanks guys. Ron

Those old Allied receivers were made by Pioneer.
I forget the exact name they use for those connectors, but you can find them on ebay occassionally, but it's be better to ask around at some of the pioneer based forums. Pioneer Forum at Audiokarma

Those plugs can cost up to $15 a piece as I recall.
If I ever lost mine, I'd just open up the case and install some regular posts, or 1/4" jacks on the back panel.

Allied/Pioneer speaker plugs/jacks

Thanks, I'll give them a try. I think it is kind of crazy what these folks ask for old stuff and I am quite familiar with the Marantz stuff and what it brings, like those pre-out, main in plugs on most of the receivers. I just used a set of patch cords for RCA connections until I got lucky with a parts unit. I bought a whole rear board for what one guy wanted for just the plugs. My board came off a 2270 and it is complete, so if anyone out there needs a piece or two, just give me a hollar. Thanks again for the help. ron:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.