inexpensive film and foil caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see that Solen now produces Polypropylene Film & Tin Foil caps ( SM/SE Series). They are very reasonably priced compared to other film and foil types. Anyone have any experience with these? I am thinking about upgrading my speaker xover's, (currently using Solen Metallized Polypropylene).

There are a lot of high-end speaker manufacturers out there that use the Solen film & foil caps in their crossovers (think the deal is that they are just recently making it to the parts chain). I don't think you would be disappointed, but I also don't think there is anything really wrong with the ones you have now. I suspect that, for the time, trouble, and money, you might not be hearing much (if any) difference.

Hi
You can buy them at www.partsconnexion.com.
Regarding EchoWars' comments, the practical, rational side of me says you are probably right, but I must admit the not so practical rational side of me can be a sucker for hype, and all the hype over film and foil caps has piqued my interest. I suppose the only way to know for sure is to buy some and make the swap. At least they are cheap enough (way less than ½ the price of most others) to warrant a try.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.