Nichicon KG super or Mundorf M-lityc cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mundorf Audio Grade capacitors!

Well,it took sometime( more than a week) but,finally the results are here. These two caps.Nichicon KG super and Mundorf M-lityc caps (10000uf).are excellent capacitors for power supply but,Mundorf Audio Grade capacitor(Raimund Mundorf) are way ahead of the Nichicon KG Super.With the Mundorf the bass is tighter,more defined and faster than Nichicon.I will definitely recommend Mundorf Audio Grade capacitors for all your power supply no matter how expensive is your DIY amp.I have try many caps like: Black Gate,Panasonic FM,Panasonic FC,Elna,Nichicon KG super and my favorite "Mundorf Audio Grade".Do not get me wrong,those caps above are excellent but, for power supply I will not use other than Mundorf Audio Grade.I see many excellent reviews about NP caps from Mundorf too like:Mcap Supreme silver/gold and Mcap Supreme oil.Well this is my own experience and results.Thank you.:cheers:

PS: You can get Mundorf Audio grade capacitors at "Parts Connexion" in Canada.

Well,it took sometime( more than a week) but,finally the results are here. These two caps.Nichicon KG super and Mundorf M-lityc caps (10000uf).are excellent capacitors for power supply but,Mundorf Audio Grade capacitor(Raimund Mundorf) are way ahead of the Nichicon KG Super.With the Mundorf the bass is tighter,more defined and faster than Nichicon.I will definitely recommend Mundorf Audio Grade capacitors for all your power supply no matter how expensive is your DIY amp.I have try many caps like: Black Gate,Panasonic FM,Panasonic FC,Elna,Nichicon KG super and my favorite "Mundorf Audio Grade".Do not get me wrong,those caps above are excellent but, for power supply I will not use other than Mundorf Audio Grade.I see many excellent reviews about NP caps from Mundorf too like:Mcap Supreme silver/gold and Mcap Supreme oil.Well this is my own experience and results.Thank you.:cheers:

PS: You can get Mundorf Audio grade capacitors at "Parts Connexion" in Canada.
This sounds like Mundorf Marketing strategy . After reading a lot and lot of great reviews on forums about how great the Mundorf is I decided to buy some caps . So I purchased one pair of Mcap supreme some MKPs Mcap Audiophiler with the red writing letters and two 47uf raw electrolytics to replace the two non polar 47uf old nichicon electrolytics in my amp..
Guess what . The amp replacement was a joke because the Mundorf sounded very very bad . The Mcap Audiophiler with the red marks was also very bad with ultra hyped hights sounding almost like a "radio effect". I mean the sound is compressed so a 20cm speaker will sound like is a 10 cm small speaker with a lot of euphoric hights and nothing neutral . Is an iritating sound .. Now thos caps are discontinued....
Also the Mcap Supreme have a sterile sound so you need to pay big money for the Mcap Supreme "oil" silver or gold version if you want a more neutral fat sound....
So after I readed a lot of "forum campaigns" about Mundorf on all forums I decided to buy .

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.