diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Parts (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/)
-   -   Source for good quality RCA and Banana connectors (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/14167-source-good-quality-rca-banana-connectors.html)

Bricolo 23rd April 2003 11:34 AM

Source for good quality RCA and Banana connectors

Hi all

I'm on the way to finish my gainclone, and to replace my 1$ Stereo speaker connector, and my 1$ 4x stereo RCA connector, for something else that is better quality

So, I'm wondering where I can find, for a good price (not 5$/ female RCA connector!), female RCA connectors, and banana connectors for my speakers.

I said good quality, maybe for you it will be average. I'm not looking for 10€/RCA quality! ;)

gjo 21st May 2003 10:15 AM

Check apexjr

Hi

Try this website-www.apexjr.com. Steve Slater deals in a lot of surplus stuff at very good pricing and has a lot of positive feedback from a list that I am a member. He is in California. I am in the process of ordering some goldplated RCA male and female connectors as well as some bananas. There are photos on his site.

George

Bricolo 22nd May 2003 11:09 AM

does he ship to europe?

Mattyo5 22nd May 2003 11:24 AM

try www.supremetronic.com

they haven't been answering my emails lately, but they have been quite reliable and very inexpensive. they have gold plated banana jacks and female RCA's (w/ teflon) for cheap. I hope they ship to europe :) oh, and my advice, buy a bunch...that way you have em for your next project!

-Matthew K. Olson

joensd 22nd May 2003 11:55 AM

You can get some nice RCA´s at Reichelt for 1.35€. Search for "CBGI"
Unfortunately they don´t have nice bananas (not the yellow ones). At least no isolated ones.

Those you can easily get at Intertechnik . They really got a huge range of "high-end" stuff. Not as cheap as Reichelt! And I think they only ship in germany but I can look it up if you´re interested.
(Scroll down under "Zubehör" and "Stecker und Adapter")

I will order at both shops in future but I don´t know how long you can wait for the plugs.

Cheers
Jens

gjo 22nd May 2003 01:13 PM

No idea about shipping to Europe. My sister in the US is coming to India on a visit and she will bring the stuff with her. You could also try a couple of other sites-diycable.com or partsconnexion, both of whom accept credit cards. Apexjr doesnt accept credit cards, so I suspect he may not ship outside the US.

jmateus 3rd June 2003 02:10 PM

Apex jr.

gjo

Yes he does accept credit cards, the only thing is he charges
3% more over the total anount which sometimes is not a big deal.
He's certainly a good supplier with very good prices and the
stuff is really almost 1st quality. I just bought some RCA's and
over the years I've been pretty satisfied.

tiroth 3rd June 2003 02:18 PM

I can't say enough good things about Steve's service. Very customer-centric.

Apex Jr 4th June 2003 03:18 PM

RCA & Banana's to Europe

Bricolo...
Yes, I do ship overseas. Mostly by USPS saves the customer
money in brockerage fee's.
Thanks for the positive remarks about Apex Jr.
I do try to keep my customers satisfied.
At this time only Visa and M/C with a 3% processing fee
Steve @ Apex Jr