Alpha Pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi could somebody tell me which pin is which on an alpha pot? I suspect they're all the same but mine are 24mm if thats any help. The link below is the closest to what I have but I don't find it particularly clear. Does the pin diagram match the photo above it - i.e looking from the front with the pins at the bottom, pin 1 is on the left?

http://www.alphapotentiometers.net/html/24mm_pot_12.html

Thanks

Usually, as with this diagram, the middle pin is the wiper. An Ohmeter or any DMM will tell you for sure. ;)

circuit-N.jpg

If you are using it as a typical volume control, solder it up; if the volume increases when you rotate clockwise, you are done. If the volume increases when you rotate counterclockwise, flip the outer contacts.

As mentioned, just check with an ohmmeter from center contact to either end. One connection increases R when rotated clockwise, the other connection for pins 1 & 3 reduces R when Rotated clockwise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.