can you id this component

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all i have a pair of mission 731 speakers which the tweeter in one does not work i have continuity through the driver which led me to the xover i have put a photo up ,,
I think the component with 475K 100V written on it is at fault i have removed it and am getting an open circuit reading is this a resistor of some type and any idea where to get one ?

Attachments

• 731 b.jpg
    731 b.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 268
moss99 said:
I think the component with 475K 100V written on it is at fault i have removed it and am getting an open circuit reading is this a resistor of some type and any idea where to get one ?

As it's been said, the marking "sounds" like a capacitor ("K" is the tolerance code)
and a capacitor is supposed to give an open circuit reading (on an ohm-meter) when it is good, there's a dielectric (isolation) in there...

i have put a photo up

I don't think we can see it.
_

You can test the capacitor by connecting to an ohmeter and taking a reading. Then reverse the leads. If the capacitor is good you will see continuity until the cap charges up. After this happens you will see open cct again. Reverse the leads again and you will see the cap discharge and then charge again to an "open cct state". If you get this then the cap is ok. If you don't then it really is open. Use a high range scale like 200k on your meter.

Cheers
Quasi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.