Which cap to buy for DAW interface mod? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2009, 12:44 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Which cap to buy for DAW interface mod?

I'm going to perform some preamp mods and add some protection to my Tascam FW1884 via the instructionof the Machinators guide and some of tascams technical bulletins (full pack linked from the overview, and/or here). I've got all the parts I need apart from the caps. On page 5 of the PDF there is a photo of the caps (ceramic) that are required however my knowledge is limited enough and I don't know which caps to buy. Is it possible to tell what they are from the photo anyone? I've tried contacting the creators to no avail this far. I'm ging to try an contact Tascam about this too but I've heard many horror storeis about their support and don' t expect advice to come easily from them with this. If anyone can advise what to get or how help me work it out, it would be much appreciated. I can use an iron and a multimeters contacts but lack any real experience in this field.
Old 24th February 2009, 02:30 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I just re-read the guide and it seems a 1u is what I need. Can anyone recommend a source for good quality caps? Or maybe I don't need something high grade here?

Hide this!Advertise here!