Duct Seal in the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

Attachments

• idealuk.png
    idealuk.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 173
Thanks, everyone, for the replies.

As I was passing B&Q (a DIY super-store) on Monday I looked in there and the best I could find was Plumber's Mait, which is probably not quite right - http://www.screwfix.com/prods/14477/Plumbing/Plumbing-Accessories/Plumber-s-Mait-750g

Dave,

I'll give Ideal UK a ring or send them an e-mail and ask where I can buy that, many thanks.

Simon

edit: I've e-mailed them, let's see what they can do. A UK-only search on Google returns nothing.

Well Ideal put me in touch with a company called Aeroparts International Limited. They gave me a quote but the shipping is £10, minimum order is 10 pieces (1lb or 5lb bag) and lead-time is 4-6 weeks.

If I could find even a couple of interested parties I'd buy 10x 1lb bags and re-sell a couple to make the acquisition a bit less painful.

I do rather want to use what Dave / Planet_10 does as it looks good and anything else will be unknown and possibly just messy or ineffective.

Should I try starting a group buy thread for UK DIYers or is that silly for such a product??

Simon

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
SimontY said:
Well Ideal put me in touch with a company called Aeroparts International Limited. They gave me a quote but the shipping is £10, minimum order is 10 pieces (1lb or 5lb bag) and lead-time is 4-6 weeks.

If I could find even a couple of interested parties I'd buy 10x 1lb bags and re-sell a couple to make the acquisition a bit less painful.

That means they likely have to order it in from the US. With 4-6 week lead time, i could stick some surface mail (i have at least 25 pounds here) and it would get there as fast. I'd ship as little as a half-pound (or the amount that is 500 g max to meet the cheap post limit, 1 kg, 2 kg are the other notches)

http://canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/cpinter-e.asp#1414508 (column 2)

What do they want per pound?

It is also possible to tuck some in with shipments regularily headed to the UK,

dave

richie00boy said:
One of the biggest pros of proper car damping panels is they stick better than generic bitumen pads, are thicker and their composition (the best are a butyl substrate) damp better than bitumen too.

Have a look at Second Skin Damplifier Pro and see if you can get some offcuts from a good car audio dealer.

Interesting, I'd be tempted to try some in my car at some point, do you use the stuff?

planet10 said:

That looks like it will have about the same ductseal footprint as a 206, so it should be a good reference.

dave

Excellent. Hit me with a cost when you're ready, and I'm in no hurry whatsoever with this. I still have to construct my baffles :D

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.