ESR meter schematic - Look at this and tell me..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all-

I also looked at this particular ESR meter project, and liked the general idea the designer used and the specs given for it. After careful consideration, I decided to go with the Peak Electronics Model ESR60 ESR tester. I thought that it offered excellent accuracy and repeatability of measurements vs. the analog metering on the other unit. I also was intrigued by the super-low resistance testing capabilities The ESR60 unit offered, which I found to be useful in detecting circuit board shorts and other hard-to-find issues. The money spent for the Atlas ESR60 unit plus all its associated features and documentation has proven to be a good investment for me. I do a lot of in-circuit testing on power supply problems with this beauty, and it has never let me down yet! I also own a Sencore LC77 capacitor/inductor tester, which I find useful for testing high-voltage capacitors out of circuit.

FWIW - A good list of ESR testers is here, but it feels rather "biased" towards the units that the reviewer is selling: AnaTek ESR Meter Comparison

I hope someone possibly finds this info helpful to them!! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.