Hifi in Bangkok

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://bangkok.thailandtoday.com/guides/00_g01_rattanakosin.html

if you look at the lower part of the map, there is an area close to the river called Ban Mo. It is in China town and packed with shops that sells electronic parts. Some cheaper than at home, but beware of counterfeit semiconductors.

For electronic gadgets, I can recommend Puntip Plaza , any taxi or TukTuk drivers knows where it is .

About HighEnd, I dont know, but perhaps in one of the classier
Department store perhaps.

edit; on the map it is marked Little India. Anyway, tell the taxis that you want to go to Ban Mo area.

/rickard

If you take the sky train from WTC towards Nana Plaza on Ploenchit Rd after 2 stops there is a 6 storey building (can't remember the name) stuffed with very tasty high end. You'll find a few interesting shops in WTC and other glitzy shopping malls as well.

Take it easy in China town, make sure you wear some ear-protection as street noise is unbelievable - i find cutting wood with a chainsaw less excruciating on the ears. You may also feel very sick of the air in that area.

Have fun

peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.