diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Parts (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/)
-   -   Asking help for resistor (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/136854-asking-help-resistor.html)

bigpanda 19th January 2009 06:18 AM

Asking help for resistor

2 Attachment(s)
I have a sample of a resistor that measures 9mmD x 19mmL (2nd one from the top with 180R mark on it). Does anybody have any idea about the manufacturer?

I have also seen one with a 'ohm' mark and a triangle around the mark on it which size looks very like the one I had. I did check ohmite but doesn't seem to able to find anything about it.

Can somebody provide information about them? Tks a lot for the help.

bigpanda 19th January 2009 06:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the one I saw on ebay but never able to find it again.

gain wire 19th January 2009 05:11 PM

well, Ohmite was my first guess too, without even completely reading your post! the Ohm sign inthe triangle made me think that. What did it come out of? I have some resistors here that seem to be of Russian origin, making it very difficult to find again.
Why do you want the exact same manufacturer? It just looks like a simple wirewound 5 watt resistor.
Alot of other companies make them with the same look. Try Vishay.

mjf 19th January 2009 07:18 PM

Re: Asking help for resistor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigpanda
[B]I have a sample of a resistor that measures 9mmD x 19mmL (2nd one from the top with 180R mark on it). Does anybody have any idea about the manufacturer?

hello.
the little grey one in front seems to be a 2watt wirewound res.
the green in the mid a 2watt metal oxide res (b&i,bi technologies?).
in the back a 5watt wirewound res.
the problem is : these are new old stock, hard to get because they are not "rohs conform",not sold further on.
greetings..............

bigpanda 20th January 2009 11:02 AM

Tks for your response.

I am not exactly looking for the manufacturer but if you don't know anything about them, you could not find any reference point to start with. What I am after is the size 9mmD x 20mmL that is most important. I did try vishay but their AC05 is smaller :
7mm x 17mm which is not exactly what I had in mind (2nd choice if the 9x19 is not available). The aspect ratio of it makes it look more elegant. Actually, the smallest green one in the front is a special ordered one : 5w wound on a 3w rig. It works OK but sure it doesn't look OK.

The 'Ohmite' in the second photo is just what I saw someone selling, I don't have it. The light green one in the 1st photo is what I had in hand now. In fact, the 'Ohmite' should be good enough, if I can ever find them. I had check ohmite's product catalogue but haven't yet find it.

[QUOTE]
the green in the mid a 2watt metal oxide res (b&i,bi technologies?)

I am not too sure which green one you are referring to. The deep green or the lighter green? I hope you are not referring to the light green one. I expect that it should be a 5W with that kind of size.

mjf 20th January 2009 12:32 PM

hello.
i will give you the names of some manufakturers that produce that kind of res(with wires):
arcol tyco electronics vishay vitrohm welwyn
perhaps it can help you.
greetings................

BRYANT 21st January 2009 06:39 AM

Maybe Resista.

mjf 23rd January 2009 07:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hello.
found some res (and datasheet) at: conrad.at
produced by weltron.greetings...............

abc4426 24th January 2009 11:40 AM

potentiometer question

I have a circuit diagram that calls for a 5K Key=A potentiometer. Can anyone tell me what Key=A means.

bigpanda 24th January 2009 12:11 PM

Tks mjf, but I am looking for the ones with the resistance printed and not the color code.