power amp ps cap upgrade recomendations needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.parasound.com/nc/2125.php Hi, this is the amp I use and would like to upgrade the ps caps which are two, Jamicon 6800uf 80v 80 degree c. rated. would Digikey have something better for an upgrade that's not super expensive? or, maybe another source to get something. I replaced the two 8amp 300 volt rectifiers which were cheap inline pack listed for $1.89 each with bridges I built using Stealth 30amp 600v. Diodes so, could I maybe increase the cap sizes to 10kuf 80v. 105 degree c. instead of the 6.8k Jamicons? The caps physical size is 1 1/8" dia. x 2" tall. or, 4 4.7k caps instead of 2 10ks. Thanks for any advice. I'm kind of looking for something around $15.00 each if using two caps. :)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
6800uF doesn't sound like a lot for a big unregulated supply (and 10000uF is only a 47% increase - so aim bigger!), so Parasound must be doing some other magic in the supply. For comparison, I have an Acurus 100X3 spec'd at 100W into 8R, 125W into 4R that has unregulated +/- 63VDC rails and uses two 23000uF 80VDC.

Have you looked at Apex Jr (and the other surplus stores), or did you want new?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.