Help identifying a pair of output transformers and power transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I recently bought a pair of output and power transformers for an amp project but have had no luck what so ever finding specifications on them.

P-6417-6066453 out put transformer

P9416-1 10525644 power Transformer

Those are the identifying codes; if anyone has any information on them I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you all for your time.

Hi,

Those are house numbers and data died with the manufacturer most likely. I have a mate with a basement full of those and the only way to reliably get the spects is to measure with sample voltages and loads.

If you knew what type of output tube was used and if they are PP or SE, this could be pretty painless :)

Cheers!

I am in a similar situation. Geek is correct in stating that searching the part number is probably fruitless. Most transformers are built to accomodate a series of products and are marked for in house use. Once that product is defunct you won't likely find any spec on it. There are several things you can do to get in the ballpark:
1. Measure the physical dimensions. Knowing the weight and size will help gauge the approximate power capability and regulation.
2. Spec the input and output wires. This will help approximate the winding, the likely regulation spec and its current carrying capabilty.
3. Feed the primaries and measure the unloaded outputs. This will help confirm the winding and give you the output spec.
4. Identify the core material. This will help determine the ratio of core to wire which will give hints about the regulation spec and approximate the permeability curve. All of these will give hints about the max operating temperature.
I have done these on a pair of unidentified matched transformers and discovered that they have a 3:1 knockdown with 120/240 inputs with a conservative 250VA rating for each. I was thinking of using them to build an integrated pumpkin/F5. Am I likely to run into any problems using both inputs and ouputs simultaneously to power this integrated? I know this is slightly off topic but I thought I'd mention it here before starting a new thread on it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.