device for 40 line outs on the mac?? do it yourself solutions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hoi

i,m new in this forum and looking for some help with a artproject i,m busy with. I need a cheap device, solution which makes 40 analog line outs on the mac, so that i can play 40 channels from a software programm simultaneous (cubase,..) to the seperate line outs. Doesn,t has to be high end. i don`t need a complete mixer just the line outs. The solution with stacking firewire cards together is to expensive, it also seems that i can just create 24 channels by this way. Has somebody experience with this kind of things. Do it yourself solutions are welcome.

regards

Hi,

The fairly obvious question is why ?
You have 40 channels of power amplification and 40 loudspeakers ?
If not use Cubase for what it is also intended for - mixing.

I'm no expert of PC hardware but do you really need
more channels than say a 7.1 soundcard provides ?

:)/sreten.

birdhouse_1000 said:
hoi

i,m new in this forum and looking for some help with a artproject i,m busy with. I need a cheap device, solution which makes 40 analog line outs on the mac, so that i can play 40 channels from a software programm simultaneous (cubase,..) to the seperate line outs. Doesn,t has to be high end. i don`t need a complete mixer just the line outs. The solution with stacking firewire cards together is to expensive, it also seems that i can just create 24 channels by this way. Has somebody experience with this kind of things. Do it yourself solutions are welcome.

regards

I had this precise job recently 68 different channels of audio (classic stuff-"We shall fight them on the beaches", "I did not have sex with that woman" etc etc) and what I ended up with was the guts of 34 Chinese i-Pods (chipods?) on continuous repeat - worked a treat and client was more than happy. It's not elegant but this is what it looked like....
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

m

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.