150/600 Isolation Transformers- any uses for hifi projects?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a bunch of v. good quality line isolation transformers, and need some ideas of how to use them in audio projects. (Components driving choice of project...)

Transformers (Hammond 850G) have 150/600 primary, 150/600 secondary. 20Hz-20kHz +- 0.5dB.

My audio setup now is CD player into tube amp (Pointz 6V6 MM), but I plan to build up some chipamps and perhaps a preamp like the Pass B1 at some point.

Can these be used in interstage or input locations, in place of a capacitor? All the stuff I've found on transformer coupling seems to have high impedance secondaries.

Or should I just try to sell these to somebody who's making a mic/recording setup?

Thanks
John

One thing you can do with them is to drive the preamp output into them, then put another pair on the power amp input and terminate it with 600Ohms and then you will have a perfect transmissionline between your pre and poweramp wich can be over 100 meters long if you want. Welcome to the world of Pro-Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.