Source for Enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking at enclosures here. Their prices are good and someone on the forum recently finished a project with one of their products.
attachment.php

Yes, apparently you have to request a quote, but the form is brief and you can call as well.

The info provided has been really helpful and I am comparing a couple of possibilities for my own needs, but I hope more options will be suggested.

It would be great to have a nice list of quality vendors available via this thread. It's looking like the enclosure itself is going to be a significant part of my costs, and I suspect that's true for others also.

Thanks for all contributions,

Thom

Joined 2004
Paid Member
trans:

Although the shipping costs are a bit high, the enclosures from HiFi2000 (www.hifi2000.it) are terrific. You can save on shipping if you buy a few more enclosures. I've purchased a number of the SlimLine and Galaxy Maggiorato models, all with the 10 mm front panel, and am thrilled.

Here, for example, is a photo of both the SlimLine and Galaxy Maggiorato enclosures.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• overhead view with power supply.jpg
    overhead view with power supply.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 310
Hifi2000 Enclosures

Hi Scott,

Did you drill the front and rear panels yourself or did you have Hifi2000 drill the panels for you? Your preamp looks really nice. I am considering the Maggiorato model for my PassDIY B1 Buffer preamp and my modded Sure Electronics T-amp. As you said, the price isn't too bad if you buy more than one enclosure to spread out the shipping cost.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
rhing:

Front Panel Express did the drilling and engraving. I had not used them before and was thrilled with their work. Previous experiences with IAG Audio and (the now-defunct) ATIResearch were positive, but HiFi2000's products are better. HiFi2000 is now my go-to source for enclosures and FPE is the only place I know of for all drilling and engraving. Both companies are terrific.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• front exterior view.jpg
    front exterior view.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 213
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.