LT1963ET - where to purchase?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello espressogeek,

I use this website to find parts:

findchips.com

Just type in your part number, and it searches all of the "major" distributors.

Your voltage regulator (LT1963ET) seems to be hard to find. It is possible that the part is becoming obsolete (when a minimum quantity for ordering a part is over 100 pieces from many different distributors, it could be because the part is being cycled out by its manufacturer). Either the part is obsolete, or the part is so new that distributors don't have small quantities available yet. Is there an equivalent part that you could use? Have you tried ordering free samples of this part from the Linear website?

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to obtain samples from Linear but I an never get a reply email from them when I register. I have tried two different email addresses and no luck.

The reason I want to try this regulator is that I have seen it mentioned in a few different places as having excellent specifications. It also doesn't seem any more difficult to implement than your average three pin unit. This is mainly curiosity driven really.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.