Wima Mkb-sc Capacitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!
I wonder what kind, type of dielectric is this wima mkb-sc capacitor?
I have 2 pieces of wima mkb-sc 4,4 mikroF/350v_/5%tolerance.
Are they good to use in power supply For audio amplifier, I mean Bypassing larger elco 's?:)
Any info welcome.

a050_2.JPG

AndrewT said:
It might make a good Audio Coupling cap and as a DC blocker at the output of a source or at the input of a receiver.

Try comparing them to a cheap 4.7uF PES 50V cap to hear what differences there are.

Hello Andrew!
I like to use this capacitors for bypass the 25 000 mikroF 125V General electric Elcos.Caps I have is valued 4,4 mikrof 350V dc _ and only 5% tolerance.
This is quite big caps for coupling purposes.
I opened my amp and try with this caps bypysisng big elcos during the listening music, and there is a very big sound changes(if someone telling that there is no difference), this is not true!
Also tried with Rifa PHE351 2,2 mikro f/250Vdc and results I think was worst...they reduce a Bass dynamic a little.
Also tried with MIFLEX 10 mikro F / 160 V MKS?-011, (yellow color), and very nice for eye, Results was:First time liquid highs, warmer mids, and also bass softer and warmer, But I think that the all image of the sound was "darker"...???
In the present time i have connected (by pass) 25 000 mikroF with 3 pieces of 0,22 mikroF...ISKRA caps to each 25 000mikroF.
What do you think, I should remove this 0,22 caps and leave just this 10 mikroF MIFLEX cap....and what to avoid, about the value of the capacitance...I heard that this cap'cs should be in range of 0,5 to 1 Mikro F.?????
Thank you
Here is the image

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.