Dale attenuator remote control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please
somebody knows if exist rotary machine with remote control to use with Dale attenuators like this?
thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 5344_1.jpg
    5344_1.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 221
remarkable coincident

Believe or not - just 30 minutes ago is was working on the same problem and I found a solution. I have a similar stepped attenuator and was thinking for hours about how to drive it remotely. The crunchpoint is the latch: To turn the axis and click the latch into place it needs some torque, more than the tiny motors of remote driven potentiometers can deliver. So I dismantled my attenuator, and took off the latch (two rebound springs, mounted crosswise on the axis, each pressing a metall pellet into notches). So there is no more clicking, the torque needed is very small.

On stock I have a reasonably priced remote control set, found it here:
http://eshop.diyclub.biz/product_info.php?products_id=195

I dismantled the potentiometer and now I use the motor and gear to drive my attenuator. The axis of the gear is very thin, so I had to make an adaptor to make it fit on the attenuator´s axis.

The gear has a friction clutch, so the motor will not be blocking when reaching the attenuator end position.

Hope this helps ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.