about mkp capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi..i am modifiying my denon amp..there is elna tonerex input caps in it..i want to change them with film capacitors.i used arcatronics mcap capacitor.it sounds very good but i wanna try again.i have ero mkt1813,ero mkc1860 and arcatronics mcap capacitors..someone says ero mkc is very good..i dont know..which one is the best capacitor for audio inputs?..thanks :)

umut1001 said:
and also another question.there was 47uf elna tonerex cap for feedback.when i short circuit amp starts to give large dc to the output.can i use mks4 wima 68uf capacitor as a feedback capacitor instead of bipolar nichicon muse es?thanks
The Wima MKS4 68u will work just fine I use a pair in my gainclone amp --- sounds clear as a bell, size may be a problem though measure 41.5mm long with over 35mm pitch but worth the effort fitting it.

regards

Ampohms

FYI, Ampohm manufacture the following values in metallized polyprops at 630VDC in standard housing:
1.0uF
1.5uF
1.8uF
2.2uF
3.3uF
3.9uF
4.7uF
6.8uF
8.2uF
10.0uF
12.0uF
16.0uF
20.0uF
24.0uF
30.0uF
40.0uF (only in aluminium housing at present).

Hope this is useful - let me know if you need sizing or other data....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.