Anyone know where to find this potentiometer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a new potentiometer for my computer speaker system. I have an Telex EV SonicXS 4.1 computer speaker system and the fade pot is broken. It is a type B pot. I found one site that carries it but they want an insane shipping price... http://www.futurlec.com/Potentiometers/POT50KDUAL.shtml

Any other suppliers out there that have cheaper shipping? (Less than $22 for under a week)

Yeah, thats true here to. We have 4 radio shacks in driving distance and only one of them is worth going to. And really I only go there for switches and other hardware.
If you really want to save some cash
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/DLP-50K/DUAL-50K-LINEAR-POT-6MM-SHAFT/-/1.html
Its a linear pot. It will work. The increase in volume will be different to your ears than a log pot. However, it will still increase while you turn and for .50. Umm, thats cheap. Also, www.allelectronics.com is a great online warehouse for all things electronic.
Or email Steve at www.apexjr.com and just tell him what you need. He will get it out of the warehouse for you. He has lots of other goodies.
If you dont mind waiting to get it shipped from Hong Kong you can get lots of decent pots on ebay.
Uriah

A type "B" pot has a "linear" taper

Type "A" is a log taper.

If you replace a linear taper pot with a log pot you will find yourself turning the volume control much higher to obtain the same volume as before, as compared to the original pot. That's if I assume that what you mean by "fade" pot. Regardless you should always replace with the correct taper or some "funny" things will happen. One thing that's been floating around is always assuming that audio amplifiers only use log pots! :rolleyes:

So a Dual 50k(B) linear taper pot is exactly what SimonB needs.

Cheers
Wayne

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.