Takman: a new audio resistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried the Takman REX Carbon resistors in my CD player output stage. I've been using PRP metal films and these Takman Carbon resistors actually sound similar to the PRP metal films. They don't have the same "softening" effect that Riken Ohm Carbon resistors can create. They provide a little bit more midrange warmth than the PRPs which I find to be superb resistors in signal path applications.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I tried the Takman REX Carbon resistors in my CD player output stage. I've been using PRP metal films and these Takman Carbon resistors actually sound similar to the PRP metal films. They don't have the same "softening" effect that Riken Ohm Carbon resistors can create. They provide a little bit more midrange warmth than the PRPs which I find to be superb resistors in signal path applications.

I read that you can buy directional resistors from them at extra charge. Did you use those?

jd

I read that you can buy directional resistors from them at extra charge. Did you use those?

jd

Different resistors, just like capacitors do offer a person the ability to tailor the final sonic signature of an amp or preamp, just as different tubes do. Cathode resistors, plate resistors, are two places that the sound of the resistors can be tailored to massage the final sound of a circuit. These differences are not extreme by any means, but afford a means to finalize an already good sounding design.

Attachments

• Barbosa_code.JPG
    Barbosa_code.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 4,276
you are completely right, the sound depends on the resistor color. its coloring the sound. blue resistors gove a "cool" sound. if there are rainbow colors on it, ( not depending on the resistors value ) its just heaven sound.

My ears must be "color blind" as color never had any effect of sound quality to me. I never was very fashion conscious though either :cool:

pink and green resistors for a happy world

next they will introduce video resistors for more colors. seems the world will be suffocated by something. went to their homepage. just haha, antimagnetic resistors etc. lots of bul....it. carbon also create more noise, they dont seem to know that. motto: the amount of people in the world is increasing, but the amount of available intelligence remains the same

next they will introduce video resistors for more colors. seems the world will be suffocated by something. went to their homepage. just haha, antimagnetic resistors etc. lots of bul....it. carbon also create more noise, they dont seem to know that. motto: the amount of people in the world is increasing, but the amount of available intelligence remains the same

Thankfully science will continue to improve and so will our understanding of what our ears and brains are able to discern, if we allow them to do the job that they were intended to do :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.