Takman: a new audio resistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pink for RF, black stands for what?

for the next device I have to test for EMI and modify to pass, and that "fails" in EMI ( =RF) I will use pink color to make it pass. great idea. we will close soon all expensive EMC test labs. pink color will save huge costs. I did also not know, that a speaker can reproduce RF frequencies. i will try to use my speakers as an antenna soon. first trial starts a 1GHz....we now are missing colorful wires, capacitors, PCB, and all the other colored stuff. the future in electronics is colorful. humans are incredible stuff.............

for the next device I have to test for EMI and modify to pass, and that "fails" in EMI ( =RF) I will use pink color to make it pass. great idea. we will close soon all expensive EMC test labs. pink color will save huge costs. I did also not know, that a speaker can reproduce RF frequencies. i will try to use my speakers as an antenna soon. first trial starts a 1GHz....we now are missing colorful wires, capacitors, PCB, and all the other colored stuff. the future in electronics is colorful. humans are incredible stuff.............

Outstanding! I feel a new AES paper is in the works as I type :spin:

and this I've try for the last 2 days
most of resistor I've try have direction too, some sounds better when I use opposite the reading code.

here's the result (according to my ears)

Takman -- opposite is better and sweeter
Dale RN60 -- both side is good but different character (depends on your need)
Audionote tantalum -- linear is better
Shinkoh tantalum -- linear is better
Mills wirewound MRA5 -- both side is good but same character I think
Kiwame carbon -- opposite is sweeter
Riken RMG -- opposite
Riken standard (brown one) -- opposite
KOA metal film (blue coating) -- linear

I'll wait for everyone feedback.... :)

nice fairly inexpensive resistors

I used the Takman REY metal film resistors in various positions throughout my Jolida JD-502 amp with good results. The sound is fairly extended with good information retrieval. I did however change the grid stop resistors to Riken RMG's and found them to be more organic and for some reason the sound stage is also deeper. Also the instruments are better defined. But from what I have read you can't use too many of them. Overall the Takman's are a good value and would like to try the REX version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.