Subminiature sockets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know if these will work for you. They are kind of an odd-ball socket as you can see. With the shields, they mount on their side against the chassis. However, if you remove the shield/Backing, the socket can be installed on a chassis the conventional style. It uses a press fit washer on the socket bottom rather than screws.

I no longer use sockets with subminiatures. I use them with PCB designs and solder them direct to the board.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If your interested let me know.

I'm building some tube mic prototypes and those sockets look
like they might be usable. I'd be interested in trading some 6111s
for some sockets. I'll be using 5840s and 5703s but the 6111 is not
as ideal for a condenser mic impedance converter.

Michael

PS yes, it's used in the new Neumann tube mics but as a cathode
follower along with a bunch of other junk...

Nice low noise resistance though and it would work for low impedance
low level circuits like phono stages.

For PC board use, an 8 pin sub mini tube can be persuaded into the 8 pin IC sockets that were used for the TO5 style OPAMPS that came in a round metal can. Digi key still stocks the sockets, but I don't have a number handy.

The tubes that have 5 or six leads in a row will fit in the machine pin strip sockets that Digikey has. You can also stuff two of them into a 16 pin IC socket. Use the "machined pin" style sockets made by Mill Max.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.