USSR Russian Caps. KBG-MN or K75-24?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I have a choice now to buy either the KBG-MN or get the K75-24 for my new SET project.

Which one do you guys think is better sonically?

From my understanding, both are PIO. So what is the biggest difference?

I did a quick search and found the below thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115744

But I still don't know the difference and which is better sonically.

-Louis

K31, SSG, SGM, KSO - mica, some types with silver - good K40 - PIO - very good MBGxx, KBG-xx, OMBG - PIO K42, MBM, BM-x - paper (w/o oil ??) K70, K71 - Polystyren ("polystirol") - good K72, FT - teflon ("ftoroplast") - THE BEST K73 - Polythelene Teraphthalate film ("lavsan") - poor K75 - combined Paper+Film (Polythelene Teraphthalate??, with or w/o oil??) K76 - Laquer film K78 - Polypropilen

Just trying to interpret the above I'd say go for the KBG-MN which seem to be true PIO.
But sonics are VERY subjective (ask a bunch of people about their favourite type of capacitor...woman...wine...whatever ;)), and just the choice of a single component won't make a good amp. When you can afford it get both of them and try them out...
Or spring for the teflon caps that are sold by some russian vendors (I have two of those...)

I well know Soviet capacitors:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

From your types it is possible to apply to a sound only KGB-MN. But only as the first capacitor CLC filter power supply. The remaining capacitors are good for special military applications, for example, to work with high radiation.
Or as a power source strong impulse load.
But not for the sound, unfortunately.

BW, VU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.