Low-Cost USB Hobby Oscilloscope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently the guys over at the Make Magazine website pointed to a low-cost oscilloscope. The address is www.pdamusician.com/lcscope.

Has anyone else looked into building this? I ordered one of his PC boards, and my parts are arriving over the next few days. I'm hoping to put it together this weekend.

One thing that has always left me feeling a bit handicapped in DIY Audio is not having an oscilloscope, and this looks better than the retail USB scopes.

Dave

Thanks for the replies!

Limhes, my concerns/benefits were:

1) The storage of waveforms
2) The size of the older analog scopes
3) The cost of purchase are quickly offset by the shipping costs of one of the old "lugables"
4) The pride of ownership, akin to the building of one's own audio components
5) Being open-source, I can tweek it if I ever get the courage to

cbdb: I agree, but this is a constraint I am willing to live with until (if?) I can justify the added cost of additional bandwidth

Yer Sexyness,

why not look for a smaller foreign scope ?
I lifted an Hitachi analog/digital storage scope from the web for $60, even had a fairly recent calibration sticker.
Found both the RS232 software, to hook the scope up to a PC, and a +10Mb complete service manual for the DSO on the internet within two weeks time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.